Innovative - Adventurous - Genuine - Focused - Let's Go!
Software Architect (.Net Development)
Provide technical expertise and design direction for software & web applications that involve a higher level of complexity. Support all aspects of Midco software and systems strategy by applying architecture best practices to business priorities. Focus on the technical design, architecture models and system integration. Provide support in the decision process for new software evaluation and acquisition.
- Provide architectural guidance to the IT application development teams. Ensure consistent architecture framework is applied throughout the software development life cycle.
- Responsible for detailed technical architecture and design of custom software development.
- Understand Midco business strategy and design software systems that help achieve business objectives. Build long-term strategic system and software road maps designs.
- Balance the business needs of the company with technical considerations.
- Responsible for system performance, system design and scalability for assigned projects.
- Facilitate and lead meetings of technology minded persons throughout the company to arrive at the best architecture and designs across all departments.
- Serve as a strategic partner to Midco stakeholders and IT functional areas by helping them identify and take advantage of integrated software systems.
- Assist in growing more junior developers into becoming system design minded and using defined structures.
- Write system architecture documentation, diagrams, API interface specifications and component diagrams.
- Keep current with emerging technology trends, technical advances in architecture and application development areas. Collaborate with IT Security Architect to ensure application architectures align with security strategy, policies and goals.
- Assist in achieving greater synergy between purchased and developed software by designing standard integration frameworks and information exchange protocols between various Midco systems.
- Follow and serve as a role model in displaying Midco’s Core Values and Leadership Success Drivers.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required for the position.
- Effectively communicate with other departments to handle escalating issues in a timely manner.
- Support the mission, vision and values of Midco.
- Collaborate effectively with internal and external customers to ensure exceptional service.
- Demonstrate courage by tackling tough issues while acknowledging own limitations without compromising integrity.
- Remove obstacles for team members. Encourage creative solutions.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Communicate clear expectations that set a high bar while holding team members accountable to reach these goals.
- Demonstrate business acumen by using data to drive decisions and actions.
- Model flexibility, resiliency and change management skills by staying self-aware, constantly learning, and
- finding ways to cut through ambiguous problems.
- Identify root causes of problems and implement solutions while keeping a holistic and long-term perspective in mind.
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required. Focus in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Software Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a software developer in Microsoft .NET platform, C#, and ASP.NET required.
- Minimum of two years of development experience in SQL server or T-SQL is preferred.
- Experience in Enterprise Architecture, Agile Development is preferred.
- Previous experience working with business analysts and delivering mission critical systems to the business is required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of communications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco fiber proudly serves more than 440,000 residential and business customers in 400 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By 2025, Midco will deploy 10G, the next great leap for broadband – while also expanding its fixed wireless network to rural areas. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free Midco internet & cable TV
- Get involved: Midco supports volunteerism and community service
- Generous 401(k) match and paid time away from work programs
- And many more
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our full EEO and federal contractor supplemental posters, please refer to Midco.com/FederalPosters.