- Full Time
- $22.78-$26.72 Hour
- 201 North Victory Drive, #430, Mankato, MN 56001
Position: Marketing Coordinator
Non-Exempt – Reports to Marketing and Communications Manager
Location: Lifeworks Services, Inc. – Eagan
About Lifeworks Services, Inc.:
Since 1965, Lifeworks has been a champion for inclusion. Lifeworks was founded by families who recognized the importance of advocacy and breaking down barriers for people with disabilities to be a part of the community. As an industry leader, Lifeworks continues our commitment to self-determined support, careers with competitive wages, and developing innovative opportunities that enhance everyday lives.
Mission, Vision, & Values:
Our mission is to serve our community and people with disabilities as we live and work together.
At Lifeworks, our values are part of everything we do and define the expectations we have for ourselves and each other. We stand by these principles. They guide our decision making and how we carry out our mission.
As Lifeworks core beliefs, our values set us apart and are the blueprint for our success.
- You Lead the Way – We Listen: We honor choice and pursue opportunities with community at the heart of our work.
- Together, We Break Down Barriers: We seek diverse perspectives, advance accessibility, and encourage a sense of belonging for all.
- We Focus on Impact: We hold ourselves to the highest standards. We share expertise and collaborate to find solutions that address the whole picture.
- We Reinvent What’s Possible: We take chances and welcome the unknown. We learn from the past and lean into the future.
Lifeworks Marketing Coordinator is responsible for finding the best ways to connect with and receive feedback from stakeholders, including, but not limited to participants, families, case managers, donors, community partners, and educators. This position will leverage digital and face-to-face engagement tactics to track, summarize, and report on findings so as to influence strategies and decisions made at the department and organizational level.
- Collaborates with internal leaders to drive and run community engagement through surveys, listening sessions, networking, fundraisers, interviews, focus groups, and conferences.
- Liaises with internal departments, committees, and external clients to coordinate and produce events including community gatherings, fundraising campaigns, conferences, etc.
- Creates engaging stakeholder experiences by developing and maintaining project schedules, timelines, and show flows for events.
- Participates in the implementation of the communications and marketing plans for each event in concert with the Advancement leadership.
- Responds to followers who make direct message requests through our social media channels and website inquiries.
- Solicits, tracks, and reports on stakeholder feedback, providing data on trends, areas for improvement, and recommendations for further action.
- Acts a spokesperson and ambassador for the organization at community events, conferences, and fundraisers.
- Implements plans to recruit, engage, and develop opportunities for volunteers to work with Lifeworks.
- Builds and executes all e-mail campaigns including copywriting, design, audience differentiation, approval process, and post-campaign reporting. Manages external email service vendor to ensure mailing lists are accurate and CAN-SPAM Act is followed.
- Oversees the process for annual review of all marketing materials and coordinates their approval with internal stakeholders and Advancement leadership.
- Defines great performance for self and seeks to continually develop skills to improve performances. Follows safety procedures and assists in identifying safety needs for self and others. Contributes to the organization’s mission by complying with policies and procedures, using resources wisely and performing other duties as assigned as necessary.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills in establishing successful working relationships both internally and externally
- Public speaking skills and comfortable working with groups (small and large)
- Strong organizational, time management, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage, and meet tight deadlines
- Proven ability to establish effective working relationships with all levels of management and stakeholders
- Knowledge of community groups and strong ambition to connect with groups
- Must be able to work well independently and as a member of a team
- Must have own transportation and the flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
- Proficiency in the use of all Microsoft Office applications
- Four-year degree in sociology or communications-related field
- Minimum of two years’ experience supporting small and large events/fundraisers
- Experience with organizing and moderating virtual and in-person gatherings
- Experience with market research and reporting on community trends
- Experience working with people who have disabilities preferred
- Marketing and/or media relations experience preferred
- Must have access to high speed internet connection for work purposes and the ability to work using an off-site remote work model
Candidate must complete and pass a background study; pass a physical and drug screen; have a valid driver’s license free of violation; proof of vehicle insurance; and reliable transportation for work driving purposes.
Lifeworks offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees.
- 10 paid holidays
- 18 days of PTO the first year
- Medical and dental insurance at competitive rates
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
Lifeworks Services is committed to hiring people from a variety of cultures with diverse life experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status; genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lifeworks Services is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage members of diverse groups to apply. To apply, email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org