Innovative - Adventurous - Genuine - Focused - Let's Go!
Maintenance Tech I - St Joseph Or Cambridge, Mn
Perform preventive service and maintenance to Midco’s regional network.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repair to services on Midco’s regional network.
- Sweep and balance the regional network to detect and/or correct imperfections.
- Identify areas in need of service and repair including, but not limited to adjustment and alignment of equipment used for signal processing, amplification, and transmission.
- Take appropriate preventive measures to repair and maintain the regional network in customer homes and commercial property from the Headend.
- Demonstrate proficiency in and working knowledge of several areas of network systems; recognize deviations and distinguish them from accepted practices.
- Repair and maintain equipment, network systems and all components.
- Ensure that all documentation is timely and accurate and in compliance with FCC and company regulations.
- Troubleshoot and repair ingress and egress problems in the regional network including, but not limited to transmission levels, signal loss, off-air interference and equipment failures.
- Maintain signal performance by proactively testing the network on a regular basis.
- Install, maintain and repair power supplies and provide splicing and activation of the regional network.
- Provide technical support and guidance by assisting with the resolution of installation or service problems encountered at customer sites.
- Install and disconnect video, internet, and telephone services in customer homes and commercial property as needed.
- Repair and/or wire cable from poles/pedestals into customer homes and commercial property; wire additional outlets as needed.
- Complete Midco First Time Right certification within 90 days of hire. Consistently apply First Time Right principles in all aspects of work.
- Possess knowledge of Midco’s safety program (Target Zero), practice and enforce safety rules and procedures; operate all equipment in a safe manner.
- Operate and drive a Company vehicle in accordance with Midco’s “Use of Vehicle for Company Business” policy.
- Be ready, willing, and able to travel.
- Produce timely and accurate daily and monthly reports.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively communicate with other departments to handle escalating issues in a timely manner.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multitask and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, coworkers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Minimum 2 years installing & troubleshooting broadband services.
- FTR Level II and NCTI Service Tech Certification within 180 days.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 70 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and may occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, risk of electrical shock, and risk of radiation and vibration.
- In-person visits to a customer’s home or place of business are normal in the performance of this job. Specific abilities required include accessing a customer's home or place of business by stairs or elevator, operating doors or other entrances, navigating hallways and buildings, etc., and adapting successfully to a constantly changing environment.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- Must be able to climb poles, ladders, and other structures with proper equipment.
- Must be able to work from elevated heights and in tight spaces such as attics and crawlspaces.
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of communications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco fiber proudly serves more than 440,000 residential and business customers in 400 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By 2025, Midco will deploy 10G, the next great leap for broadband – while also expanding its fixed wireless network to rural areas. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free Midco internet & cable TV
- Get involved: Midco supports volunteerism and community service
- Generous 401(k) match and paid time away from work programs
- And many more
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our full EEO and federal contractor supplemental posters, please refer to Midco.com/FederalPosters.