- Full Time
- May 14
- 1601 River Drive - Suite 110, Moline, IL 61265
Join the Visit Quad Cities Brand Team
Digital Media Storyteller
Position Opportunity: Digital Media Storyteller
Full-time and Hourly: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with some weekends
Reporting Structure: Vice President, Marketing and Communications
Compensation: Exempt position. Salary to be negotiated plus a competitive benefit package.
Visit Quad Cities Snapshot
Founded in 1990, Visit Quad Cities is the official Destination Management and Marketing Organization (DMMO) for the region. We are a 501(c)(6) non-profit company and operate affiliates including the Quad Cities Sports Commission and Friends of the Quad Cities. We have a full-time staff and a Board of Directors which guides the organization to fulfill its vision and mission as a community-based organization. Visit Quad Cities is a growth engine for the Quad Cities area attracting visitors through brand marketing and promotion, event and meeting recruitment and works alongside its stakeholders to make the Quad Cities a premier destination for visitors. We focus on economic development through tourism and enhancing the region’s quality of life. Our values are centered by People, Partnerships and Personality. Visit us online at www.visitquadcities.com to learn more.
The Digital Media Storyteller for Visit Quad Cities will create content to be posted across our social media profiles. They will be responsible for driving the strategy behind social growth and increasing engagement across all our social platforms. They will also be responsible for monitoring and providing reports on our social media platforms. Additionally, this position will be responsible for shooting, producing, and editing in-house videos using Premiere Pro editing software, a GoPro, and Sony 4K Handycam. Photography experience is a big plus for this position and a good working knowledge of Photoshop and PowerPoint. Our social media platforms include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
Position Role and Accountability Description
• Produce and edit social media videos and videos for presentations and promotions using Premiere Pro, a GoPro, and Sony 4K Handycam.
• Manage the content and reporting for Visit Quad Cities’ social media platforms. Report metrics social growth monthly, highlighting top performing content.
• Lead, create, and manage website content and provide necessary updates including calendar.
• Create needed graphics to build a brand across all social media using Adobe Creative Suite.
• Lead the owned media content strategy and manage platforms such as QC Current.
• Produce PowerPoint presentations for special events/meetings for advocacy purposes.
• Brainstorm, research, and pitch new content and ideas using a metrics-focused strategy.
• Create and execute a social strategy that increases growth and engagement across all Visit Quad Cities’ social platforms.
• Manage social partnerships (traffic exchanges, cross posting) with key partners.
• Photograph events and locations as needed to grow the company’s image library.
• Manage social media marketing while thinking outside the box and creating original media.
• Create needed graphics to build a brand across all social media pages using Adobe Creative Suite. Further support graphic design for digital Ads, print, brochures, collateral, as needed.
Experience and Background Required
•Knowledge and/or willing to learn the Quad Cities region.
•Hospitality and/or interest in customer-centric, highly visible organizations.
•Solid communication skills, both verbal and written.
•Proficiency with PC’s and software such as: Word and Excel.
•Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects.
•Minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience working in social media and producing and editing video for social media platforms. Photography experience is a plus.
•Ability to spot trends on social media and plan for upcoming events, and the knowledge of howto capitalize on social media moments.
•A strong awareness of the social and digital media landscape, new technologies and productsand how the content landscape is changing.
•A curiosity for insights, and strong interest in constantly improving and evolving strategies tocreate better content.
•Video production and editing experience
•Must have a clear understanding of how people communicate online.
•Must have a clear understanding of what people respond to online.
•Computer savvy and a quick study at learning new software.
•Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier and After Effects,and Adobe Premiere.
•The ability to work with our partners, proactively reach out to them, and to keep them happy.
•Demonstrated cross collaboration skills.
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
•Strong interpersonal skills.
•Ability to work independently and a strong multi-tasker.
•Graphic design experience (i.e., Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
•Knowledge of HTML and other programming languages a plus.
•Small portfolio or examples of previous work done.
•Comfort with web, digital and social media.
•Can throw a baseball 100+ miles per hour, can quote Shakespeare, and knows the whereaboutsof Bigfoot.
If interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume by Friday, May 14, 2021.