Your search resulted in 1 "Finance/Banking" jobs in Newburgh, NY. Save Job SearchSave SearchSave Job Search: Newburgh
See more jobs by changing your search settings. Some jobs do not match "Newburgh".
We are looking for a seasoned Chief Financial Officer with non-profit experience for our agency which provides services throughout the mid-Hudson region.
As the Chief Financial Officer, you will be responsible for the overall day to day operation of the Fiscal department. The position requires but is not limited to the preparation and submission of the Consolidated Fiscal Report (CFR), administration of Government contracts and programs with multiple funding sources, oversite of required internal and external audits and reporting, and managerial experience. To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently, organized, able to multitask, and has excellent communication skills. The position requires a CPA and MBA, Accounting or Business Administration with 5 years proven experience in not-for-profit Accounting, strong leadership and management experience and knowledge of local, state and federal funding agencies.
Independent Living, Inc. is a consumer-directed, cross-disability advocacy and service organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for individuals living in the Hudson Valley region.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership and supervision of all Fiscal Department Staff
- Responsible for the overall performance of the Fiscal Department
- Keeps Chief Executive Officer informed of important fiscal matters
- Develops and maintains agency fiscal operations manual
- Prepares a comprehensive agency budget for submission to the Chief Executive Officer 60 days prior to the start of the calendar year
- Prepares monthly fiscal reports and presents to the Chief Executive Officer and Administrative Staff prior to each monthly meeting of the Board of Directors
- In cooperation with individual Program Managers, prepares all program budgets for submission to the Program Directors and Chief Executive Officer 60 days prior to the start of each program year
- Prepares monthly R/E sheets by program and reviews them with individual program managers on a regularly scheduled basis
- Provide regular fiscal updates at the weekly Administrative Team meeting
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the CFR manual and ensures that the agency is in compliance at all times
- Prepares the Annual Consolidated Fiscal Report (CFR) and submits it to the Chief Executive Officer on a timely basis
- Reviews and signs off on quarterly reports for all contracts on a timely basis within 30 days of the end of the period.
- Facilitates and presents at monthly Finance Committee meetings
- Provides annual training on financials for the board of directors, administrative and management staff
- Regularly communicates with fiscal agents for each funding stream in order to maintain effective and positive working relationships
- Provides fiscal support pertaining to agency development initiatives
- Attends training as appropriate to keep up with changes in reporting and contract deliverables
- Ensures that all fiscal data is backed up on a daily basis.
- Monitors cash flow to ensure adequate funds for agency operation
- Responsible for renewing Agency Liability and Directors and Officers Insurances as well as the umbrella policy
- Prepares for and facilitates timely fiscal audits
- Performs other fiscal duties as required to maintain fiscal integrity of the agency
- The above list of responsibilities is not intended to be all inclusive, other responsibilities and/or training may be assigned or required
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday 9am-5pm, flexible to meet the needs of the agency
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid time off
- CPA and MBA, Accounting or Business Administration with 5 years proven experience in not-for-profit Accounting, preferred
- Strong leadership and management experience
- Honesty, respect for diversity, high personal standards, language and behaviors reflecting such values and the Independent Living philosophy
- Knowledge of local, state and federal funding agencies
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
Por favor, ayudanos a crear un sociedad libre sin barreras! Help us create a barrier-free society!
- Full Time
- Newburgh, NY 12550