Optimize the Quality of Life for Children with Autism
Special Education Teacher
Great Benefits, Great CoWorkers, and Extraordinary Kids!
The Special Education Teacher duties are:
- Implementing and maintaining educational systems and instructional programs within the classroom and school environment.
- Ongoing formal and informal assessment of student abilities and needs, and the development of IEP goals and instructional interventions to address learning needs.
- Leading the professional team, facilitating meetings and linking related service initiatives to classroom programs.
- Providing direct supervision and guidance to all Teacher Aides and Assistants.
- Bachelors or Masters degree with NYS Initial/Professional Certification in Special Education/Students with Disabilities.
- Must complete two week orientation and maintain training or qualifications as they relate to Anderson Center for Autism.
- College partnerships that provide discounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Education Incentive Program
- 403B with company match
- Agency Sponsored activities (Volleyball, Bowling, etc.)
- Medical, Dental, Vision etc.
- And much more, see link below
Anderson Center for Autism offers our Employees a generous benefits package: https://www.andersoncenterforautism.org/human-resources/benefits-package/
This position description in no way states or implies that the responsibilities listed are the only duties to be performed by the person filling this position. The person in the position may be required to perform other duties as necessitated by the situation or requested by his/her supervisor.
Anderson Center for Autism is committed to provide a diverse workforce by ensuring that discrimination barriers to equal employment opportunity and upward mobility do not exist here. Equal opportunity means employment, development, and promotion of individuals without consideration of race, color, disability, religion, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or citizenship status, unless there is a bona fide occupational requirement which excludes a person in one of these protected groups. EOE
Keyword Search: ABA, ASD, Autism, Cognitive, Education, Teacher, Special Education, Human Services, Special Needs, Treatment Team, health care, Behavioral, Supervisor, Preschool, Students with Disabilities