Share with friends:
The Career You Want. The Care You Give. The Compassion They Deserve.
At Wingate, we understand that at the heart of great care are great people and we're proud of the talented individuals who make Wingate a leader in senior care throughout Massachusetts, Rhode Island and New York.
As a valued member of our dynamic, family-owned company, you'll bring your expertise to our long-term care, short-term rehabilitation and assisted living programs, and truly make a difference in residents' lives, each and every day.
JOB PURPOSE: Direct and supervise the day to day nursing activities performed by nursing staff. Evaluate the needs and condition of residents to provide appropriate care. Assist unit manager in developing nursing care plan for individual residents. Performs routine duties independently, setting own priorities and scheduling own work in accordance with general policies and procedures requiring regular interpretation. Position exercises judgment in applying professional knowledge in solving nursing problems with thoroughness and competence within established policies and practices and is reviewed by the supervisor through conferences, reports and observation of results obtained.
* Must have current RN license in the State of facility.
* At least 3 years' experience in a "charge nurse" / supervisory capacity preferably in LTC.
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and clinical skills with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse individuals.
* Ability to coordinate emergency situations and delegate appropriately in a calm manner.
* Able to handle multiple responsibilities and priorities.
* Ability to manage and supervise staff, working directly with them when required.
* Ability to make independent decisions related to clinical / staff concerns.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS: Provides guidance and direction to ancillary staff in both clinical and personnel issues.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled