Housekeeping Aide/Laundry Aide (FT)
Work where you are treated as a person, not a number. Ten Broeck Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing, a 258-bed skilled nursing facility located in the scenic Hudson Valley, is seeking a full-time Housekeeper. This position performs basic cleaning functions as needed. There are two shifts available: M-F 7a-3p with every other weekend, and M-F 3p-11p with every other weekend.
Ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, and the public. Prior housekeeping/laundry experience preferred
OBJECTIVES: Performs the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with current Federal, State, Local and Departmental, rules, regulations and procedures and guidelines. Assures that the facility is maintained in a clean, safe and comfortable manner. Position carries blood and body fluid “Exposure Risk Level 1.”
Education: Be able to read and interpret warning, content and directions of chemical used in cleaning and other preformed functions. Responsible for actively demonstrating Ten Broeck’s “PRIDE” philosophy of professionalism, responsibility, integrity, dedicated service, and excellence.
Job Skills: Basic cleaning and laundry functions. Able to follow both written and verbal instructions
- Follows work cleaning schedule to perform specific tasks including general cleaning, vacuuming, mopping, dusting and polishing in accordance with daily assignments and procedures.
- Follows established infection control and universal precaution practices and established safety precautions when performing tasks. Coordinates routine terminal isolation procedures with nursing service. Informs supervisor of any hazardous conditions promptly. Delivers clean linen carts to floors, re-supplies paper products in dispensaries and discards waste/trash into proper containers. Assists in Laundry operations when required. Cleans work and supply carts, equipment, etc., when directed. Participates in required in-service and department meetings. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Reports all cases of alleged violations involving mistreatment, neglect or abuse, including injuries of unknown sources.
- Assist with transportation, if needed, to and from activities.
- Assist resident to participate in individual activities of choice, (i.e.: set up of equipment, positioning assistance, providing sufficient lighting and space).
- Assures the safety of residents at all times.
- Inform residents of various activities available to them even when Activities staff are not available.
- Answers call bells in a timely and polite manner.
- Other duties as assigned
Treats residents/patients with respect, dignity, and compassion. Is confidential. Is cooperative and considerate to fellow employees. Is available and willing to assist as needed. Is neat, clean, and properly attired as per dress code. Uphold Ten Broeck’s Code of Conduct, conducting myself in an ethical and legal manner and assuring that quality of care is provided to our residents in compliance with all of Ten Broeck, New York State, and federal regulations.