Floor Technician (Full-Time)
Ten Broeck Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing, a 258-bed skilled Nursing Facility located in Lake Katrine, New York, is seeking a full-time Floor Technician from 8 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday, with every third weekend, to join our Housekeeping department.
Maintenance of the carpet throughout the facility, including shampooing, spotting, and vacuuming. Maintenance of all the tile throughout the facility including washing, waxing, buffing, and stripping
OBJECTIVES: Performs the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with current Federal, State, Local and Departmental, rules, regulations and procedures, and guidelines. Assures that the facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner. The position carries blood and body fluid “Exposure Risk Level 1.”
Education: Be able to read and interpret warning, content, and directions of chemicals used in cleaning and other preformed functions. Responsible for actively demonstrating Ten Broeck’s “PRIDE” philosophy of professionalism, responsibility, integrity, dedicated service, and excellence.
Job Skills: Ability to acquire working knowledge of practices and principles of housekeeping and floor tech tasks. Ability to learn to operate and maintain cleaning equipment and use of materials. Able to follow both written and verbal instructions and maintain required records.
- Maintenance of carpet throughout the building including -shampooing, spotting, and vacuuming.
- Maintenance of all tile throughout the building including washing, waxing, buffing, and stripping.
- Performs housekeeping duties when needed.
- Is responsible for linen distribution at the end of the shift.
- Distributes supplies to each housekeeper at the end of the day.
- Responsible for trash runs during the day from all assigned locations.
- Follows established infection control and universal precaution practices and established safety precautions when performing tasks. Coordinates routine terminal isolation procedures with nursing service. Informs supervisor of any hazardous conditions promptly. Participates in required in-service and department meetings. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Reports all cases of alleged violations involving mistreatment, neglect, or abuse, including injuries of unknown sources.
- Always assures safety of residents .
- Assist with transportation, if needed, to and from activities
- Assist resident to participate in individual activities of choice, (i.e., set up of equipment, positioning assistance, providing sufficient lighting and space)
- Inform residents of various activities available to them even when Activities staff are not available
- Answers call bells in a timely and polite manner
- Other duties as assigned
Treats residents/patients with respect, dignity, and compassion. Is confidential. Is cooperative and considerate to fellow employees. Is available and willing to assist as needed. Is neat, clean, and properly attired as per dress code. Uphold Ten Broeck’s Code of Conduct, conducting myself in an ethical and legal manner and assuring that quality of care is provided to our residents in compliance with all of Ten Broeck’s, New York State, and federal regulations.
Ten Broeck offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Individual and family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Wellness Programs
- 401(k) with company match
- Strong TEAM environment that fosters professional growth
- Professional dues in addition to continuing education
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And more!