Direct Support Professional - Adult Program - Dutchess County
***NEW AND EXCITING NEWS! Anderson Center for Autism has implemented a generous RETENTION/SIGN-ON BONUS of $1500 for all new full-time employees!***
$500 – in the 4th month of employment
$500 – in the 5th month of employment
$500 – in the 6th month of employment
Pay range $15.00-$18.00 with increases for experience, education, and RBT certification
The job of the DSP requires technical and values-based skills that make life-changing differences in the lives of the individuals they support. We will train you to provide the appropriate therapeutically documented level of resident supervision and training to ensure and protect resident health and safety, while assisting residents to achieve increased independence through age appropriate, functional means. Under the general supervision of the IRA Residence Manager, the Direct Support Professionals are the “core” of Anderson Center for Autism’s system of supports for individuals receiving services.
We have homes located in Clinton Corners, Hyde Park, Milan, Newburgh, Pine Plains, Poughkeepsie, Rhinebeck, Staatsburg, Stanfordville.
- Participates in and takes our individuals to company sponsored outings (Baseball games, bowling, dinners at restaurants, movies, etc.)
- Supports good health and safety (food prep, toileting, hygiene, bathing, etc.)
- Provides Person-Centered Supports
- Demonstrates Professionalism
- Builds and Maintains positive relationships
- Supports our individuals growth
- High School Diploma/GED
- NYS Drivers License
- Must be 21yrs old or older
- Must be able to work 2nd shift and weekends
- Must complete orientation and maintain training or qualifications as they relate to Anderson Center for Autism
- Up to 6 weeks of paid time off your 1st year (vacation, sick, holiday, etc.)
- Raises for completion of competencies at 12mths, and 18mths
- College partnerships that provide discounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Education Incentive Program
- 403B with company match
- Agency Sponsored activities (Volleyball, Bowling, etc)
- Medical, Dental, Vision etc.
- And much more, see link below
Anderson Center for Autism offers our Employees a generous benefits package: https://www.andersoncenterforautism.org/benefits
This position description in no way states or implies that the responsibilities listed are the only duties to be performed by the person filling this position. The person in the position may be required to perform other duties as necessitated by the situation or requested by his/her supervisor.
Anderson Center for Autism is committed to provide a diverse workforce by ensuring that discrimination barriers to equal employment opportunity and upward mobility do not exist here. Equal opportunity means employment, development, and promotion of individuals without consideration of race, color, disability, religion, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or citizenship status, unless there is a bona fide occupational requirement which excludes a person in one of these protected groups. EOE
Keyword Search: ADD, ADHD, Autism, Cognitive, CNA, Direct Care, Direct Support, Evenings, Human Services, Overnights, Residential Counselor, Special Needs, Treatment Team, health care, home care, PCA, HHA, Behavioral