The Behavior Specialist provides direct person-centered behavioral services in all areas of Clinical Program including children’s and adult programs and consultation services, as needed. Behavioral services include behavioral support planning, direct intervention, and skill development. The Behavior Specialist also provides staff and family training and oversight of plan implementation. Supervision is provided in order to assist in obtaining your BCBA.
- Participate in the day-to-day operations of assigned program tier
- Conduct FBAs and develop behavior intervention plans
- Provide teaching and training opportunities to clinical support staff
- Review clinical materials; review relevant Anderson Center and OPWDD documents and ensure compliance with same
- Involvement in all aspects of crisis management until resolution
- Provide behavioral and therapeutic services to a wide range of clientele
- Conduct training for staff, parents, teachers, and others
- Communicate important behavioral information to parents/guardians and multidisciplinary team professionals
- Create/utilize databases
- Complete psychological evaluations for Anderson participants as well as outside clients as needed
- Master's Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, or other related field with a background in Autism Spectrum Disorders and ABA.
- Consideration will be given for applicants who are in process of obtaining Master's Degree
- Background and training in ABA including completion or near completion of BCBA required coursework/ supervision preferred
- Experience working with individuals who are dually diagnosed with developmental disabilities and mental health issues preferred.
- High level of organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively (both autonomously and as part of a team)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Up to 6 weeks of paid time off your 1st year (vacation, sick, holidays etc.)
- College partnerships that provide discounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Education Incentive Program
- 403B with company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision etc.
- And much more, see link below
Anderson Center for Autism offers our Employees a generous benefits package: https://www.andersoncenterforautism.org/human-resources/benefits-package/
This position description in no way states or implies that the responsibilities listed are the only duties to be performed by the person filling this position. The person in the position may be required to perform other duties as necessitated by the situation or requested by his/her supervisor.
Anderson Center for Autism is committed to provide a diverse workforce by ensuring that discrimination barriers to equal employment opportunity and upward mobility do not exist here. Equal opportunity means employment, development, and promotion of individuals without consideration of race, color, disability, religion, age, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or citizenship status, unless there is a bona fide occupational requirement which excludes a person in one of these protected groups. EOE