- Full Time
- After March27th, 2020
- 1003 E. Main St., Newark, OH 43055
OPERATOR-IN-TRAINING WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT
• High school diploma or GED equivalent, combination of training and work experience that indicates possession of the skills, knowledge, and abilities needed to perform the necessary tasks and duties.
• Must obtain Class I OEPA Certified Wastewater License within two years of hire.
•Assists wastewater treatment plant operators with operation of process control equipment and inspection of facility on scheduled basis to ensure proper operation of plant and equipment; e.g., reads charts and gauges; logging and data entry of readings. Regulates chemical feeds according to instructions. Starts and stops pumps, motors and other equipment.
• Assist with and observes collection of samples for laboratory tests, skimming of scum and grease from settling tanks; cleaning of bar screens; performing routine laboratory tests.
• Assists with operation of process control equipment; controls transfer of sludge from settling tanks.
• Assists with and observes preventative and service maintenance of equipment and facility while following basic mechanical and electrical maintenance procedures, e.g., making minor repairs to pumps, motors, etc.; lubricating motors, blowers and other moving parts; cleaning and painting equipment and activity; utilizing hand tools, mowing grass around facility; plowing snow, etc.
• Assist with and observes operation of motorized equipment as necessary, e.g., dump truck, overhead crane and other related equipment.
• Utilizes computers for SCADA monitoring, data input, work order tracking and other uses of technology.
• Other related duties as required
NOTE: This position may require shift work. Starting wage is $18.51/hr but increases to $21.32/hr after 120 day probationary period.
The City of Newark, Ohio, conforms to all laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. The City of Newark strongly encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. The City of Newark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. The City of Newark prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
Or, apply to this job:
Department of Human Resources 40 West Main Street Newark, OH 43055
ALL interested and qualified persons may apply. Applicants must submit a completed application to the Department of Human Resources no later than 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 03, 2018. Applications can be obtained in person or printed from our website at www.newarkohio.net.