Exciting opportunity to join Brookfield!
Supervisor, Security and Life Safety (multiple positions)
At Brookfield (Canada) Inc. we are in the business of owning, managing and developing premier office properties globally. The quality and location of our landmark office properties continue to attract the best and most successful organizations across these regions. In Canada, we own and manage properties in three major cities - Toronto, Ottawa and Calgary. We are a leader in the commercial real estate market because of our greatest asset, our people. We look for talented individuals to join our growing organization and share our passion towards service excellence for our tenants and clients. If you possess outstanding interpersonal skills, are customer driven, and are innovative, then we encourage you to take your career to the next level and apply for this exciting opportunity with us.
The successful candidate will oversee and maintain all aspects of daily shift operations specific to Security and Life Safety including supervision, access control, tenant and customer inquiries, and emergency response at the complex as per Brookfield’s commitment to outstanding service. The Supervisor, Security and Life Safety will provide strong leadership, guidance and direction to security staff on their shift with regard to all Brookfield policies and procedures. This position requires rotating shift work including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Ensuring the security and life safety of all tenants, guests, contractors, and staff are a priority at all times.
- Fulfilling tenant contractual agreements for Security and Life Safety.
- Liaising with tenants to ensure consistently high standards of customer service.
- Supervising, motivating, guiding and engaging front line Security staff in the completion of tasks.
- Provide ongoing and consistent training to all security staff.
- Writing and reviewing incident reports for accuracy, while ensuring timeliness of completion and approval.
- Monitoring and operating all control room computer systems including fire panel, card access, CCTV, elevator controls, 310-SERV requests, lighting controls, and building automation system Overseeing control of building Life Safety systems.
- Directing emergency response efforts.
- Conducting day-to-day investigations.
- Ensuring accuracy of building access permits.
This position requires constant contact with staff, tenants, contractors, suppliers and the general public. The high level of interaction with internal and external customers demands an individual with a keen service orientation and leadership skills as exemplified by the consistent demonstration of the Four Steps to Service. The ideal candidate will have excellent team-building, interpersonal, and strong written and verbal English communication skills. The successful candidate will have the skills and experience to supervise, coach and mentor a diverse group of security staff. Must be a proactive team player who enjoys dealing with people and can respond quickly to customer needs and requests. Must be able to work effectively under pressure.
- Previous supervisory experience in the Security field, preferably within a multi-tenant environment.
- Experience with working shift work and foot patrols.
- Experience in commercial multi-tenant properties would be a definite asset.
- Must be in application or possess a valid Alberta Security Licence.
- Must be a High School Graduate.
- Must have attained or be willing to complete the Certified Protection Officer designation.
- Possess or willing to complete accreditation as a Certified Security Supervisor Manager.
- First Aid, CPR and WHMIS certifications are required.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are post-secondary graduates of a Loss Prevention or Law Enforcement Program.
- Previous experience with Access Control Systems, electronic security systems, and CCTV is required.
- Thorough knowledge of the Criminal Code and Occupational Health and Safety industry is required.
- Experience with computers and MS Office.
The hourly rate of pay for this positon is $20.00+.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for pre-screening will be contacted.
Brookfield Properties (Canada) Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals.