Full time with Benefits
Assistant Supervisor, Security and Life Safety
At Brookfield (Canada) Inc. we are in the business of owning, managing and developing premier office properties globally. The quality and location of our landmark office properties continue to attract the best and most successful organizations across these regions. In Canada, we own and manage properties in three major cities - Toronto, Ottawa and Calgary. We are a leader in the commercial real estate market because of our greatest asset, our people. We look for talented individuals to join our growing organization and share our passion towards service excellence for our tenants and clients. If you possess outstanding interpersonal skills, are customer driven, and are innovative, then we encourage you to take your career to the next level and apply for this exciting opportunity with us.
The Assistant Supervisor, Security and Life Safety will provide strong support and guidance to security staff on their shift with regard to all Brookfield policies and procedures, and assume Supervisor responsibility in the absence of the shift Supervisor, through effective delegation of tasks to security staff, ensuring proper protocol is followed, and investigating minor crimes within the property. This position requires rotating shift work including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Ensuring the security and life safety of all tenants, guests, contractors, and staff are a priority at all times.
- Monitoring and operating all control room computer systems including fire panel, card access, CCTV, elevator controls, Realsuite, lighting controls, and building automation system.
- Responding to emergencies and dispatching Security Guards as necessary.
- Writing incident reports, recording various events and activities, maintaining and updating work permits and the summary.
- Providing access to contractors through the work permit system, issuing keys and badges as required.
- Provide ongoing and consistent training to all security staff.
- Patrolling the towers, parkades and retail floors as required.
- Respond and provide support in relation to emergency response situations (fire alarms, medical emergencies, bomb threats etc.)
- Patrolling mechanical areas and recording designated meter readings as requested by the Supervisor, Operations.
- Checking and recording the fire phones and fire extinguishers on a monthly basis.
- Guide junior security staff in the carrying out of their duties
- Act as back up to Supervisor, Security and Life Safety in their absence.
This position requires constant contact with staff, tenants, contractors, suppliers and the general public. This high level of interaction with both internal and external customers requires an individual with a keen service orientation in accordance with Brookfield’s Four Steps to Service. Must have excellent English communication skills (oral and written). Must be a proactive team player who enjoys dealing with the public and can respond quickly to customer needs and requests. Must be able to work effectively under pressure.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in the Security & Life Safety field, as a Security Guard or a similar role.
- Experience with working shift work and completing walking patrols.
- Experience in commercial multi-tenant properties would be a definite asset.
- Must be in application or possess a valid Alberta Security Licence.
- Must be a High School Graduate.
- First Aid, CPR and WHMIS certifications are required.
- Must have attained or be willing to complete the Certified Protection Officer designation.
- Previous experience with Access Control Systems, electronic security systems, and CCTV is required.
- Thorough knowledge of the Criminal Code and Occupational Health and Safety industry is required.
- Experience with computers and MS Office.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for pre-screening will be contacted.
Brookfield Properties (Canada) Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals.