- Full Time
- 65000 Year
- 2170 Carpenter Street, Abbotsford, BC V2T 6B4
Bigfoot Crane Company is searching for a highly skilled Parts Supervisor. As a growing company, we take our time to ensure that we hire the right people. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Parts Supervisor would fully embody our culture of excellence and legendary service, while taking full control of our parts management and distribution operation.
The Parts Supervisor will have the opportunity to build an extensive parts sales and inventory management system from the ground up. It is important that the candidate is well versed in parts identification, labeling, numbering systems, tracking forms, shipping and receiving documentation, as well as customs and freight forwarding.
Job Type / Category
Bigfoot Crane Company strives to create a positive and rewarding culture. The suitable candidate will be joining a growing team of industry professionals focused on providing legendary service, and having fun while we do it. Key Position Responsibilities Include:
- Create a parts sales & distribution system for our customers in western Canada
- Selling parts to customers across western Canada
- Responsible for international shipping and receiving of goods
- Create a preventative maintenance program that compliments the parts ordering and distribution system
- work with vendors to strategically purchase the proper quantities of parts and materials
- Supervise the purchase of consumable(s) inventory
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
Candidates with a background in parts management, materials management, inventory systems, ERP software, warehousing and logistics, who possess a firm grasp on electrical and mechanical parts, would be most highly qualified for the position. Highly desirable candidates may possess the following:
- Red Seal designation in Parts
- A degree in inventory management from an accredited post-secondary institution
- A mechanical or electrical trade background with at least 1 year in a parts or inventory management environment.
- Experience in order picking or time working an order desk
- Experience reading technical drawing and extracting information from said drawings
We are also willing to train candidates with the right attitude, aptitude and at least 2 years of parts experience.
At Bigfoot, we believe our success begins with the team we build. As a small diverse non-union company, we need agile team members keen to grow and work in various aspects of our service business. Continued education and development are a core belief, and we proactively support our crew to reach new heights - literally and figuratively. Our business includes rentals, sales and service for Self-Erecting Tower Cranes, Traditional Tower Cranes, Construction Hoists, Crane & Rigging Training, Under-hook Attachment Sales & Rental, Anemometer Sales, and Rooftop Derrick Cranes.
We are a "pitch in" and "roll up your sleeves" kind of place, cultivating a strong team environment. We actively promote a culture high in honesty and integrity. Legendary Service: It's what we do.
If this is of interest to you please email us your Cover Letter and Resume (PDF or Word doc).
Please use the email subject line, "Parts Supervisor".
We appreciate your application but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone Calls Please.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year